Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 24th, 2017 04:00

Dell XPS 15 9560 + Intel AC 8265 WiFi

I upgraded my XPS 15 9560 Killer WiFi with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.

WiFi works flawlessly.
Bluetooth devices installed correctly ("This device is working properly") and visible: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R), Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator.
But Bluetooth can't find any devices.
I have tried Intel driver 19.50.0.5 from Dell downloads and official Intel driver 20.0.0_64.
In Windows 10 x64 Bluetooth settings it just gets stuck saying "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices" and never actually finds anything.
Any ideas?

10 Posts

November 25th, 2017 08:00

SOLVED: just enabled "Bluetooth Handsfree Service"

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 24th, 2017 11:00

You must actually connect (pair) bluetooth devices like bt headphones or other peripherals to get it to work. What BT devices do you have? The enumerators are not devices. See --

support.microsoft.com/.../search

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 24th, 2017 14:00

Did you change out the Killer card because the Bluetooth was not working on it either?

If it doesn't work with either card, there could be two possibilities.  First, your device/s are the problem.  If not that then possibly there is some electrical connection with the card at the M.2 slot or some other part of your system/Bios.

When you pair your Bluetooth devices, what indication are you getting they are ready to pair?

You state you have good drivers and since you changed out the card, the antenna connections should be good.

10 Posts

November 25th, 2017 08:00

Mary G, I got 3 devices in Device Manager: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) which has the latest driver from Intel Corporation 8/17/2017 20.0.0.11 , Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator.

Saltgrass, I did no test the Killer card. WiFi works fine. BIOS version is latest: 12 Oct 2017, v1.5.0. I can connect my airpods to my galaxy, they have the indicating led.

No Events found!