Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2012 11:00

Dell XPS 15 awfull build quality

Hello!

I received my Dell XPS 15 about two months ago and I am quite angry with it. The performance is just amazing, but build quality is awfull. When I open the lid, it creaks. More, the left side of the bezel is slightly separated from the display and sags when i press it, the same with the down side and the top right, where the bezel is near the display, sags again, where it connects with the lid, it creaks. Whenever I move the laptop from one place to another, it's body cracks. The keyboard yields even when I press it realy soft. Also, I can hear something transporting itself in the body.

The laptop is rarely moved and hasn't been set to extreme pressure or weather conditions. It's just as it is when it came to me.

I have two warranties:

Dell Only parts and Next Bussines Day. Is there any way of repairing the laptop or replacing it and if yes, which warranty should I use?

I'm from Bulgaria, so excuse me for my bad English.

Greetings!

113 Posts

Hi,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

I understand your concern here. You may avail the warranty entitled services as long  as the laptop is covered by warranty.

If you have purchased the laptop in the United States, the at home service warranty gives you the eligibility for international service, however the time lines for the service would defer. Within USA the turnaround time for at home service is 1~2 business days however the turnaround time for international service is 15 business days.  If you are okay with the above mentioned turnaround time for international service, Please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your order number, Service tag of the laptop and contact information so I may access your account records and arrange for international service.

If you have had purchased the laptop in Bulgaria, you will have to contact the Bulgarian technical support. The phone number to call the Bulgarian Dell technical Support department is 00800 1104478 between 9.00AM - 5:30PM (Mon to Fri).

For more service options in Bulgaria, please click on the link below.

support.euro.dell.com/.../byphone_prod

So the warranty covers these problems?

I've bought the laptop here, from Bulgaria. Also I heard, that it's been assembled here.

So, what might help in this case: repairing the parts or new laptop?

By the way, here, in Bulgaria(I don't know if you have the same method), there are 7 or 10 days in which you can have you laptop replaced and of course, money-back. They've expired long ago, so will I be able to get a new laptop?

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the working of my laptop, but the workmanship just makes me go crazy.

Thank you for the spent time with my problem.

Greetings :)

Also, which warranty should I use? Parts only or NBD?

113 Posts

August 1st, 2012 14:00

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Please call the Bulgarian Dell technical Support department on the phone number 00800 1104478 between 9.00AM - 5:30PM (Mon to Fri) so that you can check what options they have for you.

No Events found!