Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2012 11:00

Dell XPS L502x freezing problem /lag/

Hi there,

this week i received my NEW Dell laptop because i had a Toshiba with many problems. I decide to pay 680 euro for something good, but im getting new problems...

Fan comes on for a second then turns off for a second, then repeats. When the fan is going on then im getting freezing/laggy/ sound and mouse cursor SOMETIMES!!! I get this issue when just doing light stuff like watching youtube videos or online tv. My temps are 55-60C.

Intel i5 2430M, Nvidia GT540M 2GB, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB

Bios ver. A07

Windows HOME 64x

Drivers are up to date!

Regards!

January 28th, 2012 03:00

I uninstalled Intel and Nvidia drivers, used the driversweeper under safe mode, updated bios to A09, have installed last Intel drivers from Dell Support-Page and Nvidia 285.62 but the problem is still there

February 8th, 2012 14:00

Sorry, but from what ive found it is an unexplained problem... some games (all equally demanding) freeze and others dont... ive done updates, downgrades and all kinds of stuff to try and fix it. One thing to note is it only happens on high performance nvidia graphics card and while plugged in via AC power, otherwise no problems.... but thats a problem!

Im thinkin you might find some way to fix it if you install all the right drivers and blah blah blah but i just havent found anything that works. Word to DELL!

No Events found!