Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2009 08:00

Dell XPS M1330 boot/charge problems

Hello,

i have bought my laptop 1.5years ago in Ukraine. Till now worked very good. Recently i started to experience following problems:

1.When i swith on muy laptop it shows me light grey screen and nothing happen, after rebooting it gets to the loading page with big blue text DELL and BIOS A15 version. At this moment the picture on the screen gets distorted with some bad colored pixels(sometimes vertiacal or horisontal lines of colored random pixels) and sometimes the whole picture gets distorted with horisontal white lines. After some seconds i have again a light grey screen or if it manages to load Windows Vista - blue system failer screen saying that my system had to shut down to prevent hardware failure. Since this is happening right at the moment i start using the laptop there is no way its overheating problem i guess. After several probes, i manage to load my OS and laptop works as expected for hours. Any thoughts?

2. Another small issue if i leave my laptop switched off to charge the battery, when it gets to 100% there is a tiny permanent noise coming out of laptop untill i plug it off from AC.

3. I am not sure if i have bought 1 or 3 years warranty on the laptop, but if it was 3 year is there a chance i can get service help done in Germany where i am actually living?

Thanks,

Andriy

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 1st, 2009 10:00

One problem is a faulty video chip, for which Dell extended the warranty by one year.  If you have an international warranty, contact Dell in your country;  if not, it will need to be returned to the country of purchase for repair.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 1st, 2009 14:00

Should be - use the Dell support page in the country where you purchased the system.

July 1st, 2009 14:00

Thanks for answering. Is it possible to figure out my warranty type myself for example by using service tag?

July 1st, 2009 15:00

Ok, i found the page.. it says: Parts Only warranty - expired 9/8/2008. Dell IBU: Europe.  Too bad nothing about if the warranty was international.  Will call german Dell tech support tomorrow and see if they are willing to help me :)

Thanks,

Andriy

No Events found!