Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2013 13:00

Dell battery module bought on internet : fake or not ?

Hello !

Battery module for my Dell Inspiton 1721 is no more sold on internet dell store so I bought one on internet (french company)

It seems that there are differences between my old battery module and the new one (twice type GK479)

How can I know if it's an original Dell battery module ? 

If I send barcode, serial number or photos of the battery a member of Dell support crew can check if it's a fake or not ?

Thanks. 

Lowendal, from France. 

3.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 18:00

Hi Lowendal,

The products sold on the Dell website are genuine. Please be rest assured. These products are tested and then sold on the website.

If the battery was purchased from Dell website, kindly private message the order number so that I can check for the details.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

January 24th, 2013 00:00

Hi !

Sorry but I haven't received your friend request and your private message too.

Regards.

3.3K Posts

January 27th, 2013 01:00

Hi Lowendal,

I have sent you a friend request again. Kindly check.

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

January 27th, 2013 22:00

Hi !

Ok, I have received your friend request. Thank you.

The battery was not purchased from Dell website because I haven't found it on the Dell store : accessories.euro.dell.com/.../category.aspx

So, I have bought one on a french website. It was sold as a Dell Genuine Battery but when I received it and compared it with my old one, many little differences were found (text is 180° turned, assembled in china, made in korea, and some little differences with plastic shapes).

I have taken a photo of the two batteries. The battery sold is on the top of the picture. My old battery is on the bottom.

Do you have the capability to tell me if the first battery is a genuine Dell product ? (with serial number or other information) ???

Thanks.

3.3K Posts

January 28th, 2013 01:00

Hi Lowendal,

Kindly private message me the PPID which starts with CN number, MN number, JP number from the battery.

Here is an example:

Awaiting your response!

1 Message

September 26th, 2013 00:00

sir, i bought dell insprion 14 dell laptop,

but it is problem from starting , i coampaints many time in dell company , but they replace fake part into my laptop, the fake part work only 10 -20 days after this these not work , so dell warranty and product is  is not trustable, becoz they repalce fake part in warranty period

Name:sanvar mal jat

<ADMIN NOTE: Service Code removed as per privacy policy>

September 26th, 2013 01:00

Hi sanvarjat,

There is nothing such as fake part or original part. The parts that Dell replaces are dell branded and it is tested before replacing. If you explain to me the issue you are facing with your laptop I will see what best can be done. Also please do not update your personal or computer information on the thread.

9 Posts

March 10th, 2015 16:00

Dear customer service,

I have the same problem like the starter of this thread.

Can you help me when I send you the number shown above from my battery?

Thanks in advance!

March 10th, 2015 19:00

Hi kai_schl,

Please private message me the PPID of the battery. Let me look into it. 

March 10th, 2015 19:00

Hi kai_schl,

Please private message me the PPID of the battery. Let me check.

9 Posts

March 11th, 2015 01:00

I`ve just sent you a message.

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Message

July 7th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

I have bought a new battery foe my dell laptop n5010..can u tell me wheather it is original or not? 

Any help would be highly appreciated.

part number : 4YRJH

order nCN-04YRJH-48630-53L-O129-A03

July 7th, 2015 11:00

Hi AKHIL1992,

The battery part number which you have provided is a valid one.

1 Message

August 6th, 2016 03:00

Hi DELL- SHRIKANTH G

I am soon going to buy the battery module for my Dell Inspiron n5050.

At the time of purchasing the battery how will I know if its genuine or not. 

Also how long is the warranty for the batteries and the Power Adaptor.

Thanks

Regards

Divyank Das

6 Posts

September 29th, 2017 04:00

Hi,

I hope this topic is still alive, because I've also bought an "oem" battery for my E5420. It looks (and fits) like an original, though the capacity is a bit different from what is written on it, and shows quite high wear level after just 2 charge-discharge cycles. So it has a number:

KR-049VTIP-83620-28S-CISF-A01

if you could check it, please. Thanks.

No Events found!