Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 20th, 2013 07:00

Dell inspiron 1464 Problem

I am a dell inspiron 1464 laptop user .i am afraid about the matter that whenever i work on the laptop or give charge some types of burn smell comes from the laptop. What should i do now? Please help me to get solved from this problem. Thank you. 

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 21st, 2013 08:00

Hi TECHASHAR,

The Ac Adapter LED going On & Off when connected to the system indicates that motherboard is faulty. To confirm that you may try with a known good Ac adapter and if the issue persists, consider replacing it.

The smell from the system itself indicates that there is some short on the motherboard. I recommend you to get the system serviced. Please click on the link below to check the warranty of the system. In case the system is under warranty, send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further. Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

http://dell.to/15xK2TQ

In case the system is out of warranty, let me know the region you to belong to, to provide the contact information to get the system serviced which is paid support.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 20th, 2013 11:00

Hi TECHASHAR, 

I am sorry about the situation. I would like to know if you are experiencing this from the time you purchased the system. Was there any type of spillage on the system? Do you experience any heat from the system? Is the smell from the Ac adapter or the computer itself?

16 Posts

October 20th, 2013 23:00

Thank you. I owned dell inspiron 1464 laptop/notebook. I am using it for more than 2 years.

On 16th October 2013 i was working on my laptop, its battery was low. so i went to charge it. whenever i plugged it with adapter the laptop stopped working and closed. From them i can not open it. Even when i give it charge. Whenever i plug it with adapter no light is seen and the green light of the adapter continuously on and off. But whenever it is not connected with the laptop the light of the adapter is seen normal. Now this problem is solved.

***But a kind of burning smell is coming from the laptop itself. I closed the laptop immediately and unplugged charger and battery. I smelt the adapter but there was no smell. But when i smelt the laptop. some types of burning smell was coming from it. I noticed that it was coming from Ram part and battery plug part. I am now afraid to charge and work on it.

Please give me a suitable answer. Thank You. 

No Events found!