Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 24th, 2013 03:00

Dell inspiron 15 3521 with AMD 7670m graphics, problem with switchable graphics in games like Flight Simulator X

So, i have the inspiron 15 3521 with 7670m and the problem was that "FSX" pc game didnt recognize the gpu, just the integrated graphics hd 4000. After a lot of research and looking for a solution in some forums,there seems to be a solution by using a different catalyst version provided by leshcatlabs. I tried to make a clean installation of these drivers with no success. Also i tried to install previous AMD catalyst version with no sucess too... Only the driver provided by Dell is installed correctly.

What should i do? 

Bellow is the relative thread

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19488314.aspx?PageIndex=1

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 24th, 2013 04:00

Your best bet is to do a factory restore of the system.  A quick look around says that game doesn't play well with switching graphics - to run it properly you need a high-end gaming notebook or desktop with true discrete video.  There are many, many reports of it not working with mainstream systems using switching video.

4 Posts

August 27th, 2013 03:00

understand...

4 Posts

August 24th, 2013 15:00

In other words Dell sold me a laptop with a useless GPU...

Thanks a lot

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 24th, 2013 16:00

No, not necessarily.  This is about as low-end as a new system can be had.  As would be the case if you bought an economy car to tow a trailer, it's just not up to the job.

You're not going to find a system capable of running FS well at this price point.  It's a demanding game - a budget notebook just can't handle it.

No Events found!