Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2017 13:00

Dell inspiron 15 7566 wifi problem

Hello, I have a problem with wifi, last week my support assistant got 3 updates - bios, wifi, intel mangement engine - The problem is that wifi works at half power and I have a slow connection. In wifi, it runs only at 72Mbps and has previously run at 150Mbps. I also failed to install the intel engine, even though I installed it is still available for installation. Please advise someone. Sorry for google translator, perhaps it is understandable. Thank you very much

I still have a problem running windows 10, sometimes when I turn on the notebook is just a black screen, I have to turn off and then turn on and then it goes.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 21st, 2017 12:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you run the diagnostic tool to check hardware on the system by following the steps below:

1. Power off system

2. Power on system, quickly tap the F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click it. After quick tests, click on Hard Drive and then Thorough Test Mode . Do same for Memory. Report back any error code.

cli

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 21st, 2017 12:00

If there isn't any error code, type troubleshooting onto the [Cortana] search box, click "View All", and then run Network Adapters troubleshooter. Run window updates, system maintenance, and power as well. I also suggest you check the wireless adapter settings( On battery, Plugged In) are set to Maximum: Type Power Options onto search box, click Change Plan Settings, Change Advanced Power Settings, and then expand wireless adapter settings, see image below.....

May 27th, 2017 14:00

Thank you for your advice, but the power settings did not help, I'm using a laptop only connected to the network. I find it strange that my wifi speed was 150Mb / s now and my 75Mb / s notebook even though it is still in the same place.

I will test the hardware test through f12 for more time, and the ram test has written it for 6h.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 30th, 2017 10:00

:emotion-2:

You ran the diagnostic tool to check the hardware on the system yet? If no error codes, I'd suggest you try the troubleshooting steps in the link below to fix the 150Mbps only 72Mbps:

Your WiFi N isn't 150Mbps only 72Mbps!? Here is solution ...

No Events found!