Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2013 04:00

Dell inspiron 15R headphone jack problem

Hello guys. I bought new dell laptop yesterday and i already faced some problems with the headphone jack. Everything is working, but when i reboot my pc without unplugging the jack, i do not get any sound from my 2.1 system. I have to unplug the jack and then plug again in order to get the sound through the speakers. I tried to look for the solution but couldn't come up with anything helpful. Reinstallation of drivers does not help. Maybe someone could help me with this issue?

1.5K Posts

August 3rd, 2013 05:00

Hi ssvir,

Welcome to the community.

Please check the link below which would help you resolve this issue:

http://dell.to/1ax3yMu

Kindly perform these steps and let us know, so we can advise you further.

7 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 07:00

Ok, i updated bios and it didnt help. I was hoping that this will solve the problem. I also tried other steps  and did not find any problems as well. I know all my cables are good because it works on my older dell perfectly

7 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 08:00

Also the sound appears when i change the jack information in dell audio app

1.5K Posts

August 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi ssvir,

I appreciate the time and effort that you took to troubleshoot the issue. Please let us know the exact model number of the system as we have below various systems as Inspiron 15R:

Inspiron 15R 5520

Inspiron 15R 5521

Inspiron 15R N5110

Inspiron 15R SE 7520

You might have downloaded the incorrect driver to rectify this issue. We need to confirm if appropriate drivers were installed on the system.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.  

7 Posts

August 6th, 2013 10:00

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 15R (5521)

1.5K Posts

August 7th, 2013 03:00

Hi ssvir,

Thanks for providing us this information. Please re-install the audio driver of the system from the link below:

downloads.dell.com/.../Audio_Driver_149YN_WN_6.0.1.6788_A03.EXE

If the issue persists then, please contact me through a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

7 Posts

August 7th, 2013 11:00

Ok,... That was exactly the same driver i've installed earlier. It does not work. What i noticed today, that after completely removing this driver, windows automatically installs some kind of drivers and the problem disappears (man no maxxaudio stuff remains). When i install the suggested driver  it comes back to the same point. What i noticed also that with suggested drivers there are only one device named 'Speaker' in playback devices. So I assume it's some driver bug and not my fault.

1.5K Posts

August 8th, 2013 06:00

Hi ssvir,

I understand when the system is at windows default driver system works fine. I would request you to kindly check the system with the default windows driver and let us know if the system works fine.

7 Posts

August 9th, 2013 00:00

System works perfectly with default windows drivers.

1.5K Posts

August 9th, 2013 05:00

Hi ssvir,

Its great to hear that system is working fine with the default windows drivers. We would be getting updates for the audio in near future and then you might be able to use the same.

We truly value your feedback on the same. Please don't worry I have passed on the same to the concerned department and would assure you that we would do anything necessary to prevent similar incidents.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 9th, 2013 06:00

Hello. Try the previous version of the Realtek driver, 6.0.1.6690. (Remove the current version before installing an older version.)

If that has the same problem you could try a driver directly from the Realtek site.

7 Posts

August 10th, 2013 02:00

The older driver works good. there are no problems with it. Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 10th, 2013 05:00

Please don't worry I have passed on the same to the concerned department and would assure you that we would do anything necessary to prevent similar incidents.

Hi Sandeep. It appears that perhaps the current driver is a little buggy compared to the one that preceded it. If you think it would do any good please pass it along.

1.5K Posts

August 12th, 2013 06:00

Hi ssvir,

Its great to hear that older driver is working fine. We would get this reported to the driver development team so the same can be rectified. We truly appreciate sharing your findings with us.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 12th, 2013 06:00

Hi Sandeep. I also appreciate your help here on the Laptop Audio board.

No Events found!