Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2014 19:00

Dell inspiron 1721 power up issue

Hello folks.  My laptop had stopped powering up.  The dell screen never appears.   I have tried holding the :emotion-46: key with the power button and the screen changes colors.  Holding the [fn] key and power does not seem to do anything.   The blue power light does come on for a few seconds as the hard drive starts to spin up then seems to make a "tink" sound and it shuts down.   F8 & f12 don't do anything.  Any ideas?

5 Posts

June 17th, 2014 19:00

Sorry :emotion-46: was supposed to be th d key.  Also has no beeps.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

June 17th, 2014 20:00

Hi daveridge,

Please reseat the memory and check if the system turns on. Click on the link: http://dell.to/14Xsnmd , enter service tag for the service manual.

Update us with the status and also provide the system model.

5 Posts

June 20th, 2014 08:00

Pulled the memory out and put back.  Still the same. 

5 Posts

June 20th, 2014 19:00

Hi.  Been looking for something else that says system model other than inspiron 1721. Not sure what I'm looking for.  It runs Vista.  

Maybe that will help.

Thanks for responding. 

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

June 21st, 2014 00:00

Hi daveridge,,

Remove the express service code from public viewing. Check if you can run diagnostics by pressing Fn + power button. Reply with the status.

5 Posts

June 21st, 2014 04:00

As I stayed originally,  nothing happens when I hit Fn and power.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2014 13:00

Hi daveridge,

I suggest that you get the system serviced.  As the system warranty has expired,  contact Out of warranty department, the paid support to get it fixed. If you wish to, I will arrange a call back from them. Send me a private message with the call back # and best time to call.

No Events found!