Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2016 12:00

Dell inspiron 3 beep sounds

Hi! I have been using dell inspiron for almost 2 years. Everything was working fine all through till now. Two days back I turned it on as usual but it didn't start. The power button lights up , I hear the fan , the dvd drive works , but the screen doesn't start and after some time I get 3 beep sounds consecutively with gaps in between. I left it aside and turned it on again after 24 hrs and it started normally and worked as usual. Then I turned it off and switched it on again after 1 hour but it didn't start and again I get the beep sounds. It remains so till now. What should I do ? ?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 30th, 2016 13:00

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery, and hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Remove and reinstall the memory module(s).

Try powering up - if that clears it, you're set.  If not, budget a few hundred dollars for a replacement mainboard -- or depending on the model, for a new system (sub-$700 systems aren't really worth a major repair like a mainboard once they're out of warranty, as the cost will exceed 50% of that of a new system).

No Events found!