Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2016 23:00

Dell inspiron 7720 blank screen

Hello!

Few month ago my motherboard had passed away so I've decided to order new one for my inspiron 7720 17R se. Few days ago I've assembled it and hopped that everything will be ok but not.. When I turn on my laptop I see all the lights are turned on (indicators) but the screen is black and blank + the fan isn't working. I've turned off the laptop and held the power button for 15-20 sec and the laptop had turned on but stucked on the windows logon screen and nothing happens... I turned the laptop off again and it hadn't turned on again with the same symptom from the beginning(black screen) after few attempts to turn it on I've managed to turn it on again and ran the diagnostics. the check was successful and the fan was working although the cpu temp was very high 70*c. also the display check was successful (D pressing). what it can be?

Maybe the bios need to be updated? but if so how can I do it if I'm not able to run windows!

Please help!!

532 Posts

September 26th, 2016 23:00

Hi,

We’re listening. We’ll surely try to diagnose the issue and provide you with a resolution. We appreciate you for trying certain troubleshooting steps before you reach out to us.

You can update the BIOS available on the support site. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ then download the BIOS from BIOS section and install it. Please make sure to keep the charger plugged into the system, while you perform the BIOS update.

Please let us know if this helped.

3 Posts

September 26th, 2016 23:00

Hi Lijo,

The issue is that now I'm not able to reach anywhere then the black screen... I even don't see the dell logo at startup..but the light indicators are turned on.

what to do?

532 Posts

September 28th, 2016 02:00

Thank you for the update. We request you to perform the below mentioned step to release the static charge and power on the computer.

- Remove the battery and then disconnect the AC adapter if connected.

- Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds then release it.

- Reinsert the battery and then reconnect the AC adapter.

- Turn on the computer

Please let us know if this helped.

No Events found!