Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2012 03:00

Dell inspiron N5110 beeps 5 times on start up

Hi,

My  inspiron N5110 did 5 beeps on start up, according to dell code beep it is cmos battery failure.

I realized that when i use the pc connected with the ac adapter then the beeps desappear even i shutdown it for a periode the start it there is no beep.

But when i used the pc not connected to the ac adapter until the battery discharge and the shutdown it for next startup it does 5 beep again.

So i would like to know if the cmos battery is charging when the pc is connected to ac adapter and it's a normal case, or i should replace the battery ?

Thank you

803 Posts

October 12th, 2012 03:00

Hi Karimov,

You are right.  5 beeps on start up indicates " Real time clock power failure - CMOS battery failure".  Please do a flea power and check if the issue is resolved or you will need to buy a new CMOS battery.

To remove the flea power, shutdown the system, unplug the ac adapter and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds. That will discharge the residual electricity from the system board. Connect the battery and adapter and start the system. Check for the beep codes again. If the issue is not resolved the CMOS battery has to be replaced.

The CMOS battery can be purchased at a local store, ask for a CR-2032 battery.

Inspiron N5110 system manual to replace CMOS battery: http://dell.to/qss9IS

Please reply with the results.

803 Posts

October 15th, 2012 05:00

Hi Karimov,

Sorry about the delay. Is the system working fine after removing the flea power? If the issue is still not resolved,  the CMOS battery needs to be replaced. 5 beeps during start up indicate a possible CMOS battery failure. It's a coin-cell battery located under the palm-rest. Below is the image of the coin-cell battery:

T

his can be purchased at a local store or retailer. The palm-rest assembly and keyboard has to be removed to replace the battery and the below given link is the manual for the Inspiron N5110 R :

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Please reply if you have any further questions.

2 Posts

October 13th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

I did what you told me to remove the flea power and there is no beep.

So why did i hear 5 beeps before and what did you recommend me?

Thank you

1 Message

January 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi!

I'm getting 5 beeps while booting up too. I called dell customer care, and they said its a clock failure, and i.ll need to replace the whole motherboard for 11000INR. Please help.

No Events found!