Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2012 22:00

Dell inspiron n5110 i7 8gb freeze while playing

Hi, yesterday I noticed that my laptop freezing while playing, I have not installed any new thing. Laptop freeze for ~1-2 sec and sound is "duzzing" then it back to normal. Any ideas ? :\

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

September 1st, 2012 01:00

Hi  Kronoxus,

Welcome to the Community,

Check if your system is overheating while playing  games.Make sure the air vents are clean.

If you've not updated the BIOS,try updating BIOS from this link : www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-n5110

Note:While updating BIOS AC adapter should be plugged in and battery should be adequately charged(more than 50%). Also disconnect all USB devices/external peripherals connected to the system while updating BIOS.

If the issue persist even after updating BIOS,than you may consider uninstalling and reinstalling the Video card driver.You can find the drivers on www.support.dell.com(drivers and downloads).

Let me know if you need more help.

Thank You  

14 Posts

September 1st, 2012 03:00

I just got same freeze, I was watching video.  It is possible that Im getting these freezes because of my battery? I used laptop without battery because AC adapter always plugged in.

14 Posts

September 1st, 2012 03:00

air vent are clear, just  updated bios and now going to check if the problem remains. Oh, how can I check system heat?

14 Posts

September 1st, 2012 04:00

Nope just tried without battery, same problem.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

If this is happening while watching video too,it may be an issue with Video card driver.

To further check boot your system to Safe mode with Networking (tap F8 on start up,Dell Logo). Try to watch the same Video.If you're able to watch the Video without any problem,uninstall and reinstall the Video card driver.

To uninstall Video card driver,go to Device Manager(Control Panel,System,Hardware),expand Display Adapters(make a note of Video card listed),right click on the Video card,click uninstall,put check mark for delete driver software( if you get that option),click OK.

Reboot the system,go to www.support.dell.com,Drivers and Downloads,enter system Service Tag number,select Operating system,expand Video, in the list(select the video card which you had made a note of while uninstalling),download and install driver.

Reboot the system and check if the issue persists.

Thank You

14 Posts

this ss is right after freeze

14 Posts

September 1st, 2012 07:00

uninstalled, intalled those from dell site and and after ~60min playing got freeze

14 Posts

September 1st, 2012 08:00

Sorry for all this spam. I have found something like mine freeze.  sound and frozen video is the same but it last only 1-2sec for me

14 Posts

September 1st, 2012 08:00

watching videos in youtube cause this freeze offen

14 Posts

September 1st, 2012 13:00

I noticed that Fn +f11 or f12 (changing sound) makes the same freeze.

14 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 01:00

sometimes after restarting I have black screen and nothing happening before Dell logo

14 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 23:00

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

September 4th, 2012 00:00

Did you try watching video in safe mode with networking (tap F8 on start up,Dell logo)?

Run this DPC Latency Checker tool(Click on external mirror 1.exe to download.) : www.softpedia.com/.../DPC-Latency-Checker-Download-118586.html

Note: This is a 3rd party tool and not a Dell validated tool.

Post back the result and I will get back to you.

14 Posts

September 5th, 2012 02:00

There is no sound in safe mode I havent tried, but I will if nothing else helps

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6826/testyrs.jpg

No Events found!