Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2016 06:00

Dell is restarting again and again with coloured lines screen.

Hello Members,

I am using dell inspiron 5558 laptop and from last month I am facing a problem that when in morning I start my laptop it automatically switched off and restart again with coloured lines on screen and after that when I try to start it it just start restarting process again its power light starts blinking and screen is turning dark black and light black with power light. Between this process sometime it shows coloured lines on screen and reboot after 1 to 2 minutes.

The problem not ends here when I try to start it after 3 to 4 hours it starts perfectly and work perfectly. But this same problem occurs after sometime. Dell team is also replaced its motherboard to solve this issue but till now it exists. Now I don't know how to solve this issue.

They told me to install windows again and I have tried all the original windows in this laptop windows 7 in dec 2015 after that as they told I have purchased windows 8.1 and now it is upgraded to windows 10 64 bit. If there is anyone who knows why is issue is happening please help me.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 9th, 2016 13:00

I am sorry that you are having this problem, I may be able to help but I have some questions on how the system is behaving that might give us a clue as to what is wrong. 

From your post I understand it that you installed Windows 10, is this correct?  When installing Windows 10- did you have any problems, did the screen go off in the middle of the install at all? When installing did Windows give you any errors?  If the install went without any problems at all, when did the problem start happening again?  Did you manage to get all the drivers installed before the problem returned and if not, what was the last driver that you installed?

Press the Windows key together and the X key and click on system / advanced system settings / and click the settings button under Startup and Recovery and uncheck ""Automatically Restart""  under system failure.   Check and see if the notebook gives any error messages after this. 

I suggest installing the following drivers if you haven't already for Windows 10

Chipset

Intel HD

Geforce 920m

Please let me know if the problem continues and if you were able to get these drivers installed. 

TB

No Events found!