Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2013 13:00

Dell keyboard and sound did not work after a coffee was dropped on my laptop

I have dell Vostro 3500 laptop and windows 7 32x. Last week i drop a coffee over my keyboard, so i turned off the laptop and i clean the key board, but the keyboard did not work well. I have attached an external keyboard and it worked well, but currently i am facing the following problems;-

1. the built-in keyboard did not work.

2. when i try to turn the sound on , i got the following message”no audio output device is installed”

3. when i turn the laptop off, the power button light will stay on, and i can not turn the laptop on unless i attach it to a charger

4. when i turn the laptop off, the key which have “9” label in the touch pad, near the blue tooth and wirelessicon will stay light on.

So can anyone advice on what might be causing this

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

August 29th, 2013 14:00

Hi evening.evetns75,

The spillage on the system might have caused the motherboard corruption as a result of which you are facing the issues.

You may try to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
  • Remove the adapter.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.

If the above steps do not help, you may consider replacing the motherboard before it leads to a bigger problem.

Unfortunately, spillage is not covered under the normal hardware warranty and requires additional accidental coverage along with the basic hardware warranty.

If the system is in warranty with an additional accidental coverage or complete care warranty, you may share the system's Service Tag and Owner's/Company's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation).

If the system is not in warranty and you are residing in US, you may contact Dell Out of Warranty Repairs (OWR) department in US by referring to the link: http://dell.to/15Ru1qU.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

No Events found!