Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2014 08:00

Dell laptop (Model No P09E) is having issues with the keyboard running button presses

My computer currently has Windows 8 installed on it and an external mouse plugged in but no external keyboard. I find sometimes as I am working the keyboard starts doing a key press (without the actual key being pressed). At first I didn't realize the issue. For instance when working in the Management studio the main text window won't let me focus and the windows around the text file (Object Explorer, Output, Dynamic Help) all flicker on and off (the Dynamic Help wasn't open until now). If I switch to another application I am also unable to focus on the text area. Sometime there are key presses but just a couple (ie gh) but not a repeated key. Today when it happened I was able to get it to stop when I pressed other keys (mostly on shift, ctrl, caps lock, tab) though I am not sure which helped. This was only a temporary situation as when I started typing again it would restart. Each time I had to restart my computer to 'fix' it. 

I am using this computer after another user (though it was reformatted between me and them using it) and I know he had problems with the keyboard too even though they had an external keyboard plugged in. 

Not sure what the issue is. I considered plugging in an external keyboard and turning off the current one but when I go to Device Manager > Keyboards > Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Properties > Driver it doesn't allow me to disable it (as the button is unenabled).

Thanks

No Responses!
No Events found!