Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2016 15:00

Dell laptop inspiron 14 wont boot up

So I tried to restart my Dell inspiron 14, While restarting the laptop it turn off because it lost power because it wasn't charged enough, so  i charged it, and turned it on, it showed the dell logo and after awhile the dell logo disappears and then shortly after the screen turns off and them goes back to the dell logo, then repeats. What can i do to fix this?

1.8K Posts

January 6th, 2016 13:00

Hi,

First thing I would recommend is for you to check out this article on troubleshooting no POST / no boot issues, which is what you're experiencing.  

Have you tried to go into Safe Mode on that system to see if you can get Windows to start that way?  (By the way, what operating system are you running on that?  Windows?  If so, what version?)  That article will explain the process of trying to get into Safe Mode and the System Setup (BIOS).  

If you can't get into Safe Mode you may want to try going into your System Setup (BIOS) and try to reset that to factory defaults and see if that allows you to start the system up normally.  

Check out that article and see if anything is able to help you.   If you would like additional help in troubleshooting your system please click on my Dell-Todd S username and send me a private message with your Dell service tag for the system, and I'll see what else I can offer in suggestions.

Todd

No Events found!