Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 3rd, 2015 08:00

Dell latitude e6420 order of installing drivers

Hi.

I just made a clean installation of windows7 and I noticed in 'device manager' that I havent installed SM bus controller or something like that. I found on the net that I need to update the chipset. I went on webpage of my product and run autodetect and auto update. Yes, it updated the chipset and sm bus controller is now installed but everytime I go on the page and try to autoupdate again it still says that my chipset is out-of-date. No matter how many times I update it, it says that it still needs and update.  (yes. I also tried to installl it manually, after finished instalation it says that installation finished succesfully but dell system detect still says that my chipset is outdated). I'm going to make another clean installation but now i want to install drivers in correct order. Firsty I need to install dell system software and then chipset. I will do it manually, I have downloaded it and I will install it before I install wifi driver. But, then I need to install other drivers. Can I just install wifi driver and trust that dell system detect will install them in correct order? 

November 3rd, 2015 09:00

Hi CORBANWOLF,

Please Find Below the Link Below. 

This Link tell you in Sequence which Drivers needs to be Installed. 

Link : http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/SLN148687/EN 

1 Message

November 3rd, 2015 10:00

I simply updated all drivers by doing it through device manager. Right click each individual device and select update driver, automatically search for latest driver, and it will search the web for the latest drivers. After doing this, when I checked Dell's site, it indicated all my drivers were up to date. Voila! A little more time consuming, but easy and worth the extra effort. Plus, you get a better idea of each and every device on your machine. ;0-) 

No Events found!