Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2014 03:00

Dell not updating drivers - Are we fools?

Hello sir ,

I have an inspiron 5521 with windows 8.1 installed on it and has a discete gpu AMD Radeon HD 8730M.. I would like to know why dell is not updating the display drivers.????.The last time one of the drivers was updated was around 1 year before.. I have visited the amd site and they have released around 5-6 updates after that featuring many perfomance improvements .....AMD drivers dosent support switchable graphics and hence we have to depend entirely on driver released by vendors..

Ive posted this question before and ive not recieved any responses...If Dell cant release updated drivers atleast try to make a provision for us to update drivers from the vendor website...those who bought inspiron series with switchable graphics are made fools by dell by not providing updated driver support..

I hope someone will atleast reply to this post..

Thank you...

1 Rookie

• 

91 Posts

November 20th, 2014 07:00

I'm tending to agree with you.  I'm sitting on a Precision M4700.  It has wasted so much of my time that I'm pondering just building two custom desktops - one for my lab, the other for my home office.  File sharing can be done via the cloud.

I've been a loyal Dell laptop customer since 1999.  It' looks like they are going down the tubes again...

November 20th, 2014 09:00

Its hard for me to believe its just one year after the release ...they stopped every update...The last update was around November 2013...Intel and Amd both released number of drivers including various fixes and perfomance fixes...Since this is some switchable *** we cant even download from AMD site...Im totally disappointed by this....I've recommended many of my friends to choose dell instead of others...From now on im changing my mind...I've no hope that some one from dell will see or reply to this...But i've to say atleast.. this is not what we've expected from a world wide brand like you...nd I'm ever gonna buy or recommend something from dell again.

Thank you

84 Posts

November 20th, 2014 09:00

I also feel for you guys. Dell is not transparent enough.

Look at this thread here if you ever feel like it but be prepared to have a lot of time available because there are 37 pages of this. I will believe Dell the day we get the new bios but until then, it's all bla bla talk.

en.community.dell.com/.../19601491

No Events found!