Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2009 01:00

Dell order delays

I have ordered(1557, with Core i7 720QM) on 28th sep 2009, initial Estimated  delivery date was 8th Oct, it was changed on 6th to 15th Oct, and then o 13th again changed to 21st Oct without a intimation, I'm not sure whether Dell keeps their promise or on 23rd the Delivery date may be changed again it wont make me surprise. Atleast if Dell comes forward and lets the customer know the reasons for delay would definitely improve customer satisfaction, otherwise Dell will loose orders.

Yesterday I searched for "Dell Order delays", it seems every year for every  launched products  this is repeating.

[Poll]

6 Posts

October 17th, 2009 17:00

If the Dell system is as computerised as what they are telling their customers, surely it wouldn't be any major challenge to allow customers to see why there is a delay... If the date has been changed, there MUST be a reason.

28 Posts

October 18th, 2009 15:00

Hurray, My Status just changed to Order Sent to Delivery :emotion-42: Its a Miracle.... What was stopping Dell all these days I wonder!!

Anyways, Can't believe till we receive the Laptop.

2 Posts

October 18th, 2009 16:00

Just thought I'de add a question, has anyone taken delivery of a Dell Mini 10? If so, how long did it take to arrive? I ordered mine on the 10/10/09, and the EDD was put down for the 20/11/09........... HOW LONG!!!!!! It baffles me because it's just a netbook, it's not got that many options to what goes inside it, so how come it's gonna take 5 weeks before it gets delivered??

After reading this topic I'm left wondering if when I get to the 20/11/09, the date will be changed to a later date?? We''ll see!!  :emotion-40:

Jon. 

6 Posts

October 18th, 2009 16:00

Visu91,

Did you order the i7 processor?

Craig

5 Posts

October 18th, 2009 18:00

Update : ordered i7 studio 17 on 10/2 edd of 11/9.. When I check the status online it says, "N/A" for the estimated delivery. When I call for the status it gives me the original date of 11/9. It also order is being processed.. Is there any way to see any further details that I may be unaware of?

28 Posts

October 20th, 2009 04:00

I think All the 1557 are delivered tomorrow, Mine is also scheduled tomorrow. Is it same world wide? I live in UK. I have ordered on 28th Sep.

6 Posts

Good to hear people getting some satisfaction at last. I daresay I am starting to have a ray of hope that maybe I won't have to wait until the 9th Nov for the Studio XPS 16 I ordered on 6th Oct after all. Will certainly post here if I get any update for mine, if everyone does the same this thread could help a lot of people perhaps get a better idea of how DELL manage the EDD and perhaps it won't be as delayed as first thought.

Good luck everyone ^^

9 Posts

Yeh Ha !

Got the call from Delivery company and They will be delivering my Studio 1557 (Core i7-720QM, 500 GB 7200rpm, 4GB DDR3, 1920x1080) tomorrow , Can't wait to get !!.

I ordered on 06 Oct

3 Posts

October 20th, 2009 05:00

I have just got a mail from UPS confirming the delivery of a Precision M6400 : Intel Core 2 Duo T9550(2,66GHz,1066MHz,6MB) on October 23rd and I ordered on September 10th and the first EDD was for September 29th, I can wait the get it, hope all you get your orders soon.

2 Posts

October 20th, 2009 06:00

An update:

I've just checked the status of my Dell Mini 10 order, ordered on the 10/10/09, and it's just been dispatched from the manufaturer in China today (20/10/09). ETA is 4 working days, not bad I thought, considering I customised the order with a different screen and wireless N instead of b & g card.

Fingers crossed!     :emotion-5:

1 Message

October 20th, 2009 12:00

Dell's laptop processor selection was terrible before introduction of the Core i7s so now they're being swamped with orders I get that.

BUT I need a core i7 laptop this month - I ordered my Studio XPS 16 on 9/25 ... the guy behind me ordered an HP Envy 15 MONDAY and his SHIPPED today.. with Windows 7 installed.

Sorry but if I see an Est. Delivery date past the end of this week I'm cancelling my Dell order and getting an HP.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 20th, 2009 17:00

If you cancel the Dell order - consider Lenovo, Toshiba, Sony, ASUS, Acer -- anything BUT HP. 

62 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 08:00

I received this news today in relation to people waiting for machines with AMD Phenom 2 black edition and Ati radeon 4870's. Both these products are out of stock and DELL wont be getting restocked till 11th November. I dont know how true this statement is because I also received an email stating that my machine was delayed due to the popularity of the machine but I suppose its possible for both to be true and for the later reason to be the cause of the first reason I mentioned. Just thought I'd mention it in case like me your suffering anxiety thinking OMG I'm never going to get this machine. 

6 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 09:00

mykill100,

I feel your pain, however as I previously mentioned my order was delayed until the 2nd November. I am excited that it is going to be delivered either tomorrow or Monday :)

Craig

1 Message

October 24th, 2009 18:00

Craigy2302,

I feel your exasperation on this one.  I ordered a Studio XPS 16 on Sept. 29th with an initial delivery date of Oct. 22nd.  This morning I go look at the order status page and they have changed the delivery date again to the 5th of Nov, and to the earlier posts concerning delays with the i7 processors, mine was ordered with a Core Duo 2 2.8 Ghz.  I call customer service and the guy on the other end tells me how it is still in a pre-production status even though the order status page has always maintained that it was in the production stage, he has no answer for the problem and assures me that it should be here on or before Nov. 5th.  I love the earlier posts asking if Dell makes computers or cars because their delivery dates and actual shipping of product is absurd.  Dell should be happy that Gateway isn't still customizing systems because I would have already headed that direction if so. 

Dell does need to start checking their forums and truly understand that their core of customers are not happy, this is my second Dell laptop and maybe my last.  As mentioned above, if Dell would simply communicate about delays and causes of delays customers would be much less agitated.  There was absolutely no communication about the second delay or that they hadn't even started constructing my laptop yet, a month later.  If you're listening Dell, if you delay my laptop one more time then I'm going elsewhere to buy.

soonerdent

No Events found!