Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2009 04:00

Dell touch pad, Alps pointing device not working on start up.

Has anybody else had this problem? I have a Dell studio 1737 64-bit laptop upgraded to windows 7. I start my computer and the only thing not working is the mouse pointer. The pointer works but, the zoom and scroll doesn't. I downloaded the latest driver version 7.101.102.224 went to device manager and says the device is working, no conflicts. I went to msconfig and it's listed as one of the start up programs. And, yet the zoom and scroll is not woring. I made sure I installed the 64-bit version. I opened the file and clicked on the  Apoint file and a install window popped up and, I clicked on yes and, now the zoom and scroll works. When I restart my computer it doesn't show up in the system tray and the zoom and scroll doesn't work. Is the Dell touch pad and Alps pointing device 2  different programs that both have to run at start up and, if so how do I get the Alps pointing device to run at start up?

1 Message

February 26th, 2013 07:00

I have this Problem too,,,No matter how many tyms i restrt the touchpad doesnt work,,,and i cant even access the software thru start menu...EM stuck with this problem,,Em vry much used to the persinalised gestures of alps touchpad..:emotion-42:

1.5K Posts

February 26th, 2013 12:00

Hi Puneeth,

You can uninstall touchpad application from ‘Programs and Features’ in ‘Control Panel’. To uninstall it, follow these steps:

• Click Windows ‘Start’ button.
  • Click ‘Control Panel’.
  • Click ‘Uninstall a Program’.
  • Look for Dell touchpad and Alps pointing device.
  • Right click it and click Uninstall.

Also, uninstall the touchpad drivers from ‘Device Manager’. You can follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click Windows ‘Start’ button and then click ‘Run’.
  • Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click ‘OK’.
  • Right click the touchpad driver and click Uninstall.
  • Check the box to delete the software when you get the prompt.

Now, restart the system and install the touchpad drivers from this link: http://bit.ly/13fSlRB

You may also go to 'Mouse' properties in ‘Control Panel’ and launch the Dell touch pad application to confirm that the zoom and scrolling gestures are enabled after re-installing the driver.

I hope this helps.
Please revert for any further information.

No Events found!