Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2016 05:00

Dell xps 13 9360 Trackpad dead zone/delay

I have a dell xps 13 9360. My trackpad is fine except for one issue. When i try to move the cursor a few pixels, ie trying to click a button or any precision work really, the mouse either doesn't move at all or does move then comes to a complete stop even if my finger keeps going. This only happens when i move the cursor at lower speeds. If i swipe fast, it is really responsive and precise.

I've tried to set the trackpad speed to the highest, enable precision thingy and remove or shorten delay. That is not the issue.

I've seen others have the same issues:

I assume the "delay" you're experiencing isn't really a delay but actually it requires you to move a significant amount on the trackpad before it notices you're moving the cursor. This is the exact same problem my old XPS 13 9350 had (all three of them). There is no "fix" to this as far as I know, because this is a windows driver based trackpad and for some retarded reason, windows thought its a good idea to do this. There are alternatives to this, by using 3rd party drivers from synaptics that "fix" the cursor problem, but then you lose other features like multi finger gestures i.e scrolling, pinch to zoom etc

Here's a video of the issues: https://youtu.be/ALRLFjVuJ-M

Is there a good fix for this.

1 Message

November 9th, 2016 12:00

Seems to be a common problem. Have heard from several users with the same issue :(

November 12th, 2016 00:00

Just to pile on the heap of those who think to have experienced this dead state, just not only wrt moves, but to clicks also.

I mean, trying to click the same pixel after a page reload without intervening move. Parky

February 18th, 2017 04:00

Hi

This seems to have worked for me:

Right click on windows icon and click search they type touchpad.

Select Multiple Lines at a time and choose 1,

Scroll inactive windows - Off

Touchpad - On

Leave touchpad on - Off

Reverse Scrolling - On

Delay - No Delay (Or Short Delay)

Cursor speed- increase to what's comfortable

Allow taps - On

Press Lower Right - On

Double Tap/Drag - On

Two finger right click - Off

Two finger scroll - On

Zoom - Off

Additional Settings - Nothing

Goto Device manager, Select Mice and Other pointing device Disable HID compliant Mouse (I wanted to remove the PS2 mouse but I cant so this means that only one driver is active)

No Events found!