Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2017 00:00

Diagnostics error 2000-0142

Hello,

On the 23.3.17 our building had a power shorage while my laptop (Service tag ) was on sleep mode and connected to power grid.

As the power restored my Win7 cloudnt boot after sighing in part, and i had a frozen screen with mouse showing that it is thinknig (booting). I waited almost an hour, and no progress.

After rebooting many times i still couldnt log on into the desktop, i ran the Dell diagnostics and at the end, a pop -up screen apperd and showhed Error 2000-0142 Validation 111932.

As i read on your forums that this error code mean, the hard drive should be replaced, can this failure be coused by surge power when the power goes back again ?

The error code is atteched

Thanks,

Igor

1 Attachment

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 27th, 2017 07:00

It's possible, but more likely that the drive was failing and went over the edge during the outage.  In any case, replace the hard drive.

3 Posts

Thank you for your information, i am wating for dell technical support answer (Verified answer),

I didnt understood what you meant by went over the edge ? (The drive never had problems before, especially boot problems)

3 Posts

Thank you for your information, i am wating for dell technical support answer (Verified answer),

I didnt understood what you meant by went over the edge ? (The drive never had problems before, especially boot problems)

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 28th, 2017 08:00

Lastly,

If reseating the hard drive doesn't fix the problem, I suggest you contact Dell Technical Support in the link below:

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

If you're comfortable in opening the computer, I'd suggest you reseat the hard drive and see if that will make a difference. Please enter service tag number onto the link below for the system manual.

www.dell.com/.../

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

After you have removed the battery, press 'Power On' button for about 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power. Furthermore, when you removed Hard drive, press 'Power On' button again for about 5 seconds and then replace hard drive and battery.

Resolve Hardware Issues Using ePSA or PSA Diagnostics and ...

EDIT:

No Events found!