Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2017 07:00

Disabled audio enhancement keeps resetting to enabled

Inspiron 15 7000

I create and edit audio and require quality UN-ENHANCED audio. I have no need or use for the enhancements. Please can I kill this annoying audio driver!

The WaveMMaxx settings wont stay turned off. Computer restarts, wake ups, simply plug in headphones or change audio playback devices and the enhancements turn back on. Extremely annoying.

How do I KILL it? Removed would be grand. Alternative audio driver?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 14th, 2017 09:00

In the Waves panel you can save a configuration for each type of device.  Set the panel where you want and then save using the option on the right of the window.  

The next time you insert that type of device it will use that configuration when the device is selected from the popup window.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 20th, 2017 07:00

I haven't noticed my panel popping up behind other windows but that type of thing has been happening with Windows for quite a while.  You should see a taskbar icon pulsing or having some indication something needs attention.

So far I haven't found any settings tin MaxxAudio to change that behavior.  

18 Posts

May 20th, 2017 07:00

Ok, off stays off when you save it as a setting, otherwise off doesn't mean off.

Its not a very intuitive interface, but that seems to have worked.

Now a related question.

When I plug in headphones a window pops up asking if I want to switch to headphones. Well that seems obvious, I plugged in headphones...... But anyway, depending on the open program, the pop up window is often behind the open program window, which is just dumb engineering.

Cant find any way to make the prompt "always on top"

No Events found!