Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2012 19:00

Disappearing Screens

I have a Dell Inspiron 5720 i5-3210CPU 64 bit 8.00GB and running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. I also have Microsoft Arch Touch
Mouse which I have been running at the same time as the installed Touchpad. Almost every time I click on an icon and try to select an item from a list or
attempt to move from screen to screen my page disappears. Most of the time has popped up at the very bottom of my desk open windows.Othertimes it is just gone. Trying to type in any form is a nightmare!  I seem to by playing hide and seek. How can I fix this?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 14th, 2012 23:00

Hi Nanacrofts,

I suggest that you reinstall the touch pad driver from the given link below:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-17r-5720.

Click on ‘Input’ from the list of drivers and then click on ‘Download File’ and follow onscreen instruction to update the drivers. Restart the system and check if it works.

In case you are still facing issue, follow the steps given below to disable the touch pad while using the external mouse.

Click on ‘Start’ > ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Hardware and Sound’.  In this window double click on ‘Mouse’ icon. Here ‘Check the option "Disable touch pad when mouse is in use".

Reply to this post for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Sujatha K
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

October 16th, 2012 14:00

OK I tried all of that and included uninstalling my mouse. I still have the pointer jumping away while using the Touchpad alone , or using the Arc Touch alone, or both together. Any other suggestions?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 17th, 2012 02:00

Hi Nanacrofts,

I would like to know the functionality of the touch pad after disabling the touchpad while the external mouse is in use in the touchpad setting.                                
By just uninstalling the touch pad driver, issue will not be resolved, please install the drivers and follow the steps from the previous post and reply to the post.

Thanks and Regards,                                             
Sujatha K
#iworkfordell

No Events found!