Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2012 10:00

Disappointed with the new laptop

I just purchased a new 17" XPS with the touchscreen and JBL sound - loaded with all the good stuff I could think of and a new printer.  When it arrived I was amazed at how massive the thing was.  I guess I never really appreciated to actually go figure out how much it wieghed before I placed the order. Shortly after the laptop arrived I bought an ipad for my wife.  The side by side comparison that I have had access to - exploring the versatility of the two machines has been eye opening.  And I have to say when I had a look at the macbook pro (after the fact) I feel exceptionally stupid now.  Does anyone know how Dell is about returns if there isn't anything really wrong with the product other than its enormous size and weight?

-Embarrased - from Toronto-

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

You can return a system within 21 days of shipment for any reason - you will however pay shipping both ways plus a 15% restocking fee.

I am now on hold with Dell customer service - I'll keep you all posted on the experience - as I am currently doing a little research on how companies deal with unhappy / lost customers.  So far I waited on hold for 10 minutes and then they explained they are too busy and will call me back within 24 hours.  Exciting!

No Events found!