Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2016 08:00

Discoloration in Inspiron Display.

Currently rocking 2-in-1 Inspiron 7568. Loving it and been working great for several months. However, a blue-tinted discoloration has begun to crop up on the left hand side of the touchscreen -- mainly noticeable with white/light screens, stretching from the bottom to the top. 

Here's a list of what has/has not been done to the computer:

1. Upgraded to Windows 10 Education
  2. Has not been dropped or had anythingdropped on it.
    1. A docking brick fell on the keyboard while the screen was open.
  3. I'm planning on upgrading to an SSD, but this has not been done yet.
  4. I barely, if ever, use the touchscreen, and I am always gentle when I do.
  5. Drivers, updates, etc. are all current.
  6. There are two scratches on the shell, but this came from putting it into a bag and it rubbing against a bad/broke zipper.

Basically I need to know if there is anything I am potentially missing or if this needs to just go ahead and be serviced.

Thanks,

JB

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 21st, 2016 19:00

Hi JB,

Please reply us with the snapshot of the blue-tinted discoloration on the LCD screen. Also, we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

1. Turn of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
  3. You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the issue reoccurs on the screen.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

No Events found!