Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2012 18:00

Disk read error code

Hello I bought a Dell Inspiron N5110 around November last year and today I turned it on and I got a black screen that says: 

disk read error code 

press ctrl+alt+del to reRECOVERY

So I did and it just kept looping (restarting the system and taking me to the same screen)

What I tried next was restoring the system with the disc that came with my computer so I would try to load it up by pressing F12 (boot options) on start and it would take me to the black screen. Then I ran a diagnostic and the thing that gave me an error was the hard drive, the error read: 

Error Code: 2000-0146

Validation 53176

Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N WD-WXA1E51EHX75, self test log contains previous error(s)

I'm using the hard drive that came with the comuter I think it was a 640gb one and haven't changed it. Can I please get some help with this problem. Would really appreciate it. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Hard drives are complex, electromechanical devices - they can fail for a host of reasons. They're the least reliable part of any computer -- the two biggest killers of hard drives are shock and heat.

803 Posts

Hi Luis-Ex,

What ejn63 said is absolutely right. Hard drive can fail for many reasons. If the system is under warranty, please click on my user name and add me as a friend. Send a direct message with the service tag, name and contact number so that I can call you and get this resolved. However if the system is not under warranty please click on this link to purchase a compatible hard drive:

accessories.us.dell.com/.../category.aspx

Awaiting your reply.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Your drive has failed - you need a new, 2.5", 9.5 mm or slimmer notebook drive to replace it.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 25th, 2012 19:00

If you can swing the price difference, go for a Momentus XT - it's a hybrid SSD/hard drive.  They're very much worth the price difference -- they're very fast drives.

www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

4 Posts

Why does this happen?

4 Posts

Oh alright one final question since I have to buy a new hard drive and you seem very informed about this could you tell me which of these is better?

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_7

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1

Thank you for all your help so far.

4 Posts

July 25th, 2012 19:00

Thank you for the help

No Events found!