Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2016 21:00

Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Recovered Help!

For the past few days I've owned my Dell Inspiron 7000 series 7559 (The one with UHD screen and GTX 960) I've had no problems besides a pop up that continues to say my Display driver was stopped responding.

I've seen in the forums that the XPS 13 had the same problem and has a current update for their driver.

I was wondering if there was a new update to rectify this problem on the higher priced Inspiron models.

(P.S. I checked the Device Manager, but it says it's up to date, and I checked the Dell website and it also doesn't show any new version for the driver)

Any help would be appreciated as I do not want this to affect my computer as I will be using this to start school in the next month and I'm worried that this laptop will not be up to par for my I.T. studies if every 10 minutes my display stops responding.

Please and thank you, All help is Appreciated!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2016 07:00

Troubleshoot common computer problems:

1. Right click the Start button.

2. Control Panel

3. System & Security, stroll down a little, click Find And Fix Problems

4. On left side, click "view all "

5. Click " hardware and devices"

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2016 07:00

:emotion-2:

You can also check the System Setup(BIOS) for the latest update. Please type msinfo32 into the Cortana bar, you should see the BIOS version. Now go back to the Dell website and look for BIOS version in Drivers &Downloads. If needed, update it.

www.youtube.com/watch;feature=youtu.be

No Events found!