Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 16th, 2015 17:00

DisplayPort Audio Issue with Dell E6410

Hello,

I had a Dell E6410 laptop, and upgraded to an E6430.  So I thought I'd play with a media server, so I re-installed Windows on my Dell E6410.  Since it has a DisplayPort adapter, I bought a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, and tried to hook up to my stereo, to play the sound through the stereo and play the video on either a TV or projector.  The video works great; however, I can't get the sound to work.  I (unfortunately) have the Intel HD Audio, rather than the NVidia.  From my online searching, looks like some E6410 with NVidia users have been successful at getting both Video and Audio through DisplayPort to HDMI.  I've done a ton of searching and have tried many things, including the items on this post:

[View:en.community.dell.com/.../19384010:550:0]

Specifically, I've tried installing the latest video and audio drivers from Dell.  (No HDMI devices available in the Control Panel -> Sound (or right click on speaker and select Playback Devices.)  I've tried a previous version of video and audio drivers from Dell (same result.)  I've upgraded the BIOS to A16.  I've tried to download the latest and a previous version of video drivers directly from Intel (although neither of them would install, saying the system didn't meet the minimum requirements.)  I've tried to delete the video drivers completely, and then find drivers from the OS (which then showed two HDMI HD Audio devices, but they were always showing as disconnected. )

For each of the above options, I tried two different video cables, I tried to send the video through the receiver to both TV and a projector, I tried putting the laptop to sleep while the receiver and TV/Projector were still on and then tried to wake up the computer, and I tried to connect directly to both the TV and projector.  In all of the cases, I could get video, but not sound.

It seems to me that HDMI audio isn't currently supported through any of the Intel video drivers.  Has anyone gotten HDMI video AND audio working through DisplayPort to HDMI on a Dell E6410 laptop with Intel graphics?

Any other things you can think of for me to try?  I've pretty much exhausted everything I could think of...

Thanks for any thoughts and info!

5 Posts

Forgot to mention, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-Bit is what OS is installed.

5 Posts

Don't know why my link in the original post seems like it's not working.  I'll try again.  I've tried everything from both of these posts:

Original DisplayPort

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19384010

HDMI Audio FAQ

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19333633

1 Message

May 22nd, 2015 14:00

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem as you...

Did you manage to make the displayport of your E6410?

If so, could you please share your solution with me?

Many thanks in advance.

Fabian

5 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 22:00

Sorry Fabian,

Unless someone else knows different, it's still the same thing I reported.  I can get Video from the Intel chipset.  I did find a nVidia chipset, and that one worked - so looks like it's a problem with the Intel chipset / drivers.

If someone else knows different, please share.

No Events found!