Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Q

February 8th, 2015 12:00

Does Chromebook support actually exist?

My daughter has a 2 month old Dell Chromebook 11. It's been perfect for her needs, but the audio out jack has already stopped working, and now the plastic bezel covering the screen has started to crack. 

I don't know what's covered under my Dell Depot Warranty, but it may be a moot point, because I can't get anybody from Dell on the phone who is willing to deal with me. I have called several times. Every time I am told politely that Chromebooks have their own department, and they are not it. I am either given another phone number or told that I will be transferred. Each time, I am transferred to somebody who tells me that Chromebooks have their own department, and they are not it. I'm transferred and transferred until inevitably the line goes dead.

For this aggravation, I'd rather try to repair the thing myself but there's noplace else to buy parts for Dell Chromebooks!

Does the mythical Dell employee who provides support for Chromebooks actually exist? If so, where do I find them?

8 Posts

February 9th, 2015 12:00

I also think that you need connect to the technocal support servise, cause you can do nothing to your Chromebook.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 9th, 2015 12:00

Does the mythical Dell employee who provides support for Chromebooks actually exist? If so, where do I find them?

For some reason your question landed on the Laptop audio board. Maybe someone on the Customer Care board would know the answer.

Sorry for the run-around but I think someone saw the word "audio" and sent you us -- an honest mistake. I don't know if Customer Care is the right place but it is the best I can think of.

If you think the audio jack has stopped working due to hardware failure then you need to contact tech support. Here is a link but it might just be the same contact info you have been trying.

February 9th, 2015 14:00

I posted to the Customer Care forum. I don't know why it was moved here instead. It's just like calling Dell!

Seriously, is there a Chromebook support direct phone number?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 9th, 2015 19:00

Seriously, is there a Chromebook support direct phone number?

I doubt it because there is no dedicated number for any of the other laptop lines.

Here is the way I understand it. If you are under the basic Dell warranty for your Dell product, you can contact tech support if you have a hardware failure. For software issues call 1-800-822-3769 for pay-for-service.

If you purchased higher level warranty such as Dell ProSupport, there is a number for the service (not for the specific product line) but you have to have proof of purchase of the higher level warranty.

Sorry not to have more help available here but issues concerning warranty are outside of the area that we normally deal with on the Laptop Audio board.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 9th, 2015 19:00

I think you ought to post again on the Customer Care board and ask at the beginning that they not transfer your post to the audio board, because your question is about getting service not about audio issues. Someone there from Dell should be able to address the issue of being transferred so many times to no purpose. We other Dell owners can't do anything to help with that.

You can also catch the attention of a Dell employee on the Customer Care board by sending that person a private message (click on their name to go to their profile page) and direct their attention to your post.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 10th, 2015 10:00

Hello. Were you able to contact anyone from Dell?

A Dell person sent me a message saying you should go through Technical Support Chat or Email support. The employee supplied the following addresses.

Facebook
apps.facebook.com/support_dellhomeus

Chat
www.dell.com/.../chattagentry

Chat #2
www.dell.com/.../Chattagentry

Email
http://www.dell.com/support/incidents/us/en/04/Email/Emailtagentry

The employee did not explain why these links are better than calling.

February 10th, 2015 14:00

Thanks everybody I did go through chat (weekdays only) and they initiated a depot ticket.

No Events found!