Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 29th, 2017 10:00

Does the XPS 13 9365 camera support Windows 10 face log-in?

I wasn't able to find this anywhere and I don't see it as an option when configuring log-in options, even after setting up a PIN.

Thanks!

-Pablo

9 Posts

March 30th, 2017 18:00

good news everyone!

I am on the creators update build (pre release ISO) and the face login works now. The IR camera is recognized and it works relatively well in recognizing my face.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

That system doesn't appear to have an infrared camera but I should work with a webcam although I have not tried it.

Not sure if Win 10 Home is capable, maybe someone else will know.

I found this, so maybe a webcam won't work.

"To use Windows Hello with biometrics specialized hardware, including fingerprint reader, illuminated IR sensor, or other biometric sensors is required. Hardware based protection of the Windows Hello credential/keys requires TPM 1.2 or greater; if no TPM exists or is configured, credentials/keys protection will be software-based.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

It would be under Windows Hello..  The infrared camera on my Inspiron works great...

6 Posts

Face recognition doesn't show up as an option.  Only the fingerprint and PIN options show.

-Pablo

9 Posts

January 29th, 2017 20:00

I have heard that it does have an IR camera and that windows hello will be added to this XPS when windows gets updated in a few months with better hello support

2 Posts

February 5th, 2017 04:00

Hi, hmm, that's annoying, I was expecting it to work out of the box. Can you tell me where you heard this so I can monitor the status please?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 5th, 2017 07:00

The unit does not have an IR camera although it does have two web cams, for some reason.  It does have a finger print reader..

My Inspiron 17 7000 does have the IR camera and facial works great with it so does not appear to be related to windows.  

1 Message

March 14th, 2017 00:00

these system were built before the camera came out. look for them to possibly be on the next set of xps as this line is prebuilt with 4-5 configurations once they get closer to  sold out a new line up will be built. At that point we should see some IR camera's introduced

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 14th, 2017 16:00

Well, I  may have been wrong about exactly what the cameras are.  One of the cameras seems to be using an Infrared driver.  But even if it was an Infrared camera, Hello does not see it.  

To tell you the truth I have no idea what the second camera is, if anything..

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 30th, 2017 18:00

Thanks, will be waiting for Update Tuesday..

6 Posts

March 30th, 2017 19:00

Is there an ETA for that build to be released?

Thanks for the update!

-Pablo

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 30th, 2017 20:00

Rumor is for April 11th

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 6th, 2017 23:00

I can second the operability if the Infrared camera for facial rec.  Mine became active and is not working for that purpose.  Seeing the red flashing light from the left camera was a little different from prior experience.

The upgrade on this 9365 minimal install went fine from the downloaded .iso file.

No Events found!