Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2015 02:00

Don't Upgrade to windows 10 for now! (all issues listed, Dell 7537)

Hello, 

i have an inspiron 7537, i upgraded to windows 10 on july 30, and my struggle began since then (UPDATED ALL DRIVERS). i know i could go back to windows 8.1 but i just wanted to try and fix all the issues, so let's begin:

- laptop doesn't come back from sleep, i open the lid and the laptop is hot and doesn't turn on)

- laptop battery drains while in shut down. 

- dell back up and recovery software uses 100% of hard drive after startup for a very long period of time (had to uninstall it), and thank you dell but i don't want to upgrade to premium to have a windows 10 recovery..!

- uninstalled dell Truecolor because it was causing issues and not working.

- microphone's volume is too low the you have to shout for others to hear you.

- whenever i check for updates from dell's website it tells me that i have 1 update available which is Intel Management Engine Interface Driver. i download and install it,restart, go to check updates again it tells me that the same driver needs to be updated!

- all other drivers are updated to the latest version and still having issues.

i advise you to wait a month or two before upgrading cuz win 10, for now, is no fun.. 

thnx

16 Posts

August 10th, 2015 07:00

I'm having trouble with the true color application. It's not working anymore. I wonder when dell will fix that. 

3 Posts

August 11th, 2015 17:00

I agree with you.. I have noticed the same problems ..... Don't upgrade 7537 to Windows 10. I want to say also that laptop sometimes is freezing (keyboard and touchpad) when you try to push connector to laptop socket. Keyboard and touchpad will not work till you pull out connector from socket. I tried drivers from Dell site and newest from another sites. Problem still exist. Dell shouldn't release drivers which don't work.  Shame for Dell.  Don't be surprised when you will  see blue screen during install/ uninstall drivers recommended for Dell 7537. video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error.  

8 Posts

August 11th, 2015 23:00

I have problem with sleep when i just close lid. Then computer ( i think just os) goes to sleep but cpu and all other hw is still working. Then after i open lid i am forced to hard reset pc to be possible use it again.

If  i go to sleep from power menu by SW it go to sleep than i close lid. When i open lid again it is working.

August 27th, 2015 11:00

Me too experiencing the same issues,
Power drain in sleep mode is killing !
***** don't update to W10 *****

November 25th, 2015 15:00

Dear, i had the same problem.

Until now there are two things you can do.

1) Enter Bios Settings (by pressing F2 while booting) and disable Intel Management Engine. 

OR

2) Uninstall the latest driver for Intel Management Engine Interface Driver and install this (oldest) driver (Version 9.5.14.1724, A00) : http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=5D6PT&fileId=3488769613&osCode=WB64A&productCode=inspiron-17-7737&languageCode=EN&categoryId=CS

(i choose the 2nd option).

The problem was solved installing this (previous) version of Intel Management Engine Interface Driver. My laptop (Dell 7737 i7) is working perfect now!

Hope that i helped you my friend.

Lefteris from Mykonos/Greece._

No Events found!