Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

D

61 Posts

January 29th, 2009 01:00

Downgrade from Vista to XP for Studio 15 and/or Studio XPS 13 possible?

Hi people, I am interested on the Studio XPS 13 or.... the Studio 15, and I would like to know if it is possible to

install Win XP Pro in both systems before buying.

I´d aprecciate your help....

2 Posts

January 29th, 2009 01:00

You can downgrade to XP when you have Windows Vista Business or Ultimate but Dell samtimes not supported XP for new Laptops.

Remember: only one system can you install on Laptop (Vista or XP - not VIsta and XP) ;)

4.6K Posts

January 29th, 2009 04:00

Hi people, I am interested on the Studio XPS 13 or.... the Studio 15, and I would like to know if it is possible to install Win XP Pro in both systems before buying.

Only if Dell offer them with Windows XP - else you'd have to request a Windows XP disc from Dell, and install it yourself.

If you mean can you dual-boot Vista and XP Pro - then the answer is yes (see below). 

But you'd need to delete one of the four pre-installed partitions, because you can only (officially) have four partitions on a Dell laptop :emotion-55:

Remember: only one system can you install on Laptop (Vista or XP - not VIsta and XP) ;)

That's incorrect actually.  You can install as many different OS' as you want.

You're only entitled to support from Dell, for the OS which was pre-installed on the system when you bought it of course.

But you're certainly not limited to using that OS only.

For instance... I know quite a few folks who are dual-booting XP and Vista... some who are triple booting XP, Vista, and Linux... and yet others who are triple booting XP, Vista, and Windows 7 Beta - all on Dell laptops :emotion-55:

No Events found!