Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 23rd, 2011 04:00

Driver Update for "Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family" and others

Hallo,

I would like to get the latest update for my  videocard. There is a newer version on

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18774&ProdId=2800&lang=deu

but when I try to install it, the programm tells me, that it is not validated. They tell me to get a driver from DELL. But my Service-package is over. How can I get the newest driver version which can be installed on my Laptop. Or does DELL just do not care anymore, when the paid service is over; Just because I have an older model?

I do not want to flame around but these are the questions hovering around in my head.

Every suggestion to my problem will be welcomed

Daniel

March 23rd, 2011 14:00

Yes, I can get drivers there. But not the latest for this video card. Intel offers a newer one, but I cannot install that one because of the missing validation by DELL.

The problem with the older driver is, that it does not support the latest OpenGL...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 23rd, 2011 14:00

Daniel,

Your drivers are available at Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 23rd, 2011 15:00

Spectographic,

Did you try running Intel's tool?

Intel® Driver Update Utility

Rick

March 23rd, 2011 16:00

Had doneit before and did it again. This is what I got:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

And the driver is not enough to support the latest OpenGL. Maybe my card does not support OpenGL; However the internet tells me otherwise. I am not a computer expert and I am at my wit's end.

So any help would be nice!

No Events found!