Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2015 22:00

Dual speakers, Only one works.

Other speaker doesnt show in playback and not disabled. Please help. My speakers are Dell Speaker Bar Under Monitor Mount Speakers Black AX510. I have a dual monitor, with one attached to each.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 19th, 2015 06:00

Hello. Have you switched the speakers to verify that both of them can function?

October 19th, 2015 17:00

Yes, I have, and they still do not work. Only one works, and when I unplug that, the other one begins to work. I have a dual monitor with one attached to each, and one connected to the headphone jack, and one connected to the speaker out.

6 Posts

December 17th, 2015 11:00

I too have this problem.  Both speakers work.  I have ran a 3.5MM speaker wire to them directly from the CPU, but only one at a time works.  I can either get the left one operational or the right, but not both.  I have disabled the audio coming over the HDMI to the NVIDA card thinking that I can then activate the audio out ports.  I ran a 3.5MM cable with a splitter from the CPU to the monitors, but only one works.  I then removed the splitter and plugged each speaker cable directly in to the CPU, but to no avail.

How can I/we get both our speakers to work?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 17th, 2015 13:00

I too have this problem.

This is the Dell Speaker Bar for your monitor? Have you contacted terch support and reported the problem?

6 Posts

December 18th, 2015 08:00

My mistake.  It is not a speaker bar.  I am referring to the internal speakers within two monitors.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 20th, 2015 06:00

What happens if you plug headphones into the laptop's audio jack socket? If the headphones have audio through both channels then I would say the jack is functioning normally and is configured correctly.

Another test would be to attach a music player or some audio source other than the laptop to the monitors and see if music plays okay. (I don't have a monitor with internal speakers and don't know if this test is possible to perform or not.)

No Events found!