Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2013 06:00

E-Port Plus - Does audio coming out from DisplayPort to HDMI convertor / dongle ?

Dear all,

Currently I'm considering purchase a Latitude E6230 with an E-Port Plus Replicator (or E-Port USB 3.0 version). However, I did plan on connecting the E-Port Plus to TV through HDMI cable ( the TV doesn't come with DisplayPort so I have no choice), and I know it require an additional DisplayPort to HDMI convertor (or dongle, as the E-Port Plus specification states).

So the hardware setup would be something like this:

Latitude E-6230 ---- E-Port Plus ( DisplayPort ) --> DisplayPort to HDMI convertor / dongle ----> HDMI cable -----> (HDMI port) TV

My questions is, will the audio signal pass through DisplayPort | DPtoHDMI convertor | HDMI to TV? Or the only way to output audio signal to TV is throughout the audio jack from E-Port Plus? I would be disappointed if it is the later case.

4 Posts

April 27th, 2013 17:00

The simple answer is yes. The tough part with Dell is getting it to work. See the 'expert' stream elsewhere on this subject. If you can get the HDMI (SPDIF) icon to show, and then select it when you select playback devices (right click on speaker icon in tray) it will work. I had a lot of trouble with drivers (E6400 laptop) and have to use an older version than Dell is pushing out for my machine to get things to work.  Their support for this has never been first class.

This thread is locked, due to age.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forum

Thank you

No Events found!