Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2012 01:00

E4300 PCI-Device Driver for Windows XP

Hi,

My hard drive failed just out of warranty and I don't seem to have an installation disk for Windows 7, which is a little frustrating.  But I was generally happy enough with XP so I am trying to get that to work.

I am nearly there, just missing a few things like sound and Bluetooth.

The only thing now missing off the Device manager is the PCI device, and I cannot find a driver for it...

4.4K Posts

November 30th, 2012 20:00

Hi  Hairyloon,

There is this SRS Premium Sound Enhancement Application listed under Audio (Windows XP) drivers for your system.

Try installing it from this link : www.dell.com/.../latitude-e4300

For the Bluetooth try installing the driver  from the link below :

www.dell.com/.../latitude-e4300

4.4K Posts

November 28th, 2012 02:00

Hi Hairyloon,

Welcome to the Community,

Have you tried reinstalling the Chipset  and Video driver? If you have already installed both of these drivers,right click on PCI device,click properties,select Details,select hardware ID and post back the hardware ID.

I will check and get back to you.

Thank You

10 Posts

November 29th, 2012 03:00

I think I have tried every driver on the site, but some of them refused to work: said my computer does not meet the minimum specifications.

The Device ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_024D1028&REV_03\3&61AAA01&0&D8

10 Posts

November 29th, 2012 18:00

Aha.

I have partly sussed out the problem.

Although I had set the driver page to XP, it keeps resetting itself to Vista, for reasons which are entirely baffling. :?

So now, I have an "Audio device on High Definition audio Bus" showing as having no driver.

I can live with that, but I would like the bluetooth to work.

It is not yet showing a device for that which is missing a driver. :?

4.4K Posts

November 29th, 2012 20:00

Hi Hairyloon,

Try downloading the audio and bluetooth driver from this links below :

Audio: www.dell.com/.../latitude-e4300

Bluetooth application :www.dell.com/.../latitude-e4300

Note:For bluetooth I think the driver is already installed and you just need to install the above Bluetooth application.

Let me know if installing the above drivers help.

Thank You

10 Posts

November 30th, 2012 04:00

Thank you for the suggestion.

The audio one I have already done: I have sound, it just says I am missing drivers for "Audio device on High Definition audio Bus".

The bluetooth says I have an incompatible version of windows.

10 Posts

December 2nd, 2012 13:00

Thank you again.

The Bluetooth now works, but the sound is still showing as missing a driver.  I have sound, I think I am not going to worry about it.

One last thing though, I'm having trouble with the SD card reader. It reads one card, but not the others.

4.4K Posts

December 4th, 2012 02:00

It may not be a driver related issue as its reading one card.Have you tried the other cards in a different system?

Try installing both the drivers from the links  below :

Ricoh R5C847 / R5U241 Memory Card Drivers : www.dell.com/.../latitude-e4300

Ricoh R5C833 Media Card Driver : www.dell.com/.../latitude-e4300

10 Posts

December 5th, 2012 12:00

They don't seem to make any difference.

I've had the cards working on this machine on both Linux and Windows 7.  Just XP I'm having trouble with

4.4K Posts

December 5th, 2012 23:00

If possible try those cards on a different system which has XP installed.The drivers I posted on my previous reply are the only XP drivers available for the media card reader for your system model.

No Events found!