Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 11th, 2012 10:00

E4300 turn off when connected to internal LCD

Hello Guys,

I have a Laptop E4300, it was under warranty and Dell has replaced two times Motherboard, LCD and Keyboard but I stil have the probelm.

The computer starts normaly and works fine when I remove the Internal LCD cable from LCD and  external via vga.   Sometimes it also start when connected to internal LCD and works for some time and all of sudden then there is sound coming and the LCD shows many red,white different colours lines and I have to turn off the machine.

But since it is new original LCD i dont think it is related to LCD but instead I suppect the LCD CABLES.    

Any suggestion?

thanks,
Mehraban

62 Posts

August 13th, 2012 14:00

Hi Mehraban,

I would like to appreciate you for checking the LCD screen with the external monitor and confirming the result.

Please let me know what kind of sound you are getting when you see colored lines coming up on the LCD screen.  Is it a beeping sound or a grinding sound?

Would suggest following the below mentioned steps that can fix the issue:-

1. Please update the latest version of BIOS and Video Driver. Please refer to the following link:-

http://support.dell.com/

In case the above steps do not resolve the issue, it could be an issue with LCD inverter cable and you might need to replace the cable.  

Please respond for further help.

Thanks and Regards

Deepa R

#iworkfordell

No Events found!