Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2016 07:00

E5570 Not Reading Smart Cards

I have two Dell Latitude E5570 laptops that are unable to ready any DoD CAC smart cards (256b). When i insert the smart card while attempting to send a digitially signed email address a message appears that says "No valid certificates found"

I think my problem has to do with my smart card middle ware. I am trying to use Active Client 6.2 and it does not see the certificates either. I have tried the built in smart card reader and an external USB smart card reader, but neither work. I have tried three different DoD CAC cards and all have the same result.

Do i need the Dell Data Protection suite instead of the ActiveClient software to read smart cards in this E55770 laptop? Or is there something else im missing?

4 Posts

October 26th, 2016 12:00

I installed the dell data protection sutie, and that did not help my problem.

4 Posts

October 26th, 2016 12:00

Update: I have installed the Dell Data Protection suite and that did not resolve my issue.

4 Posts

October 26th, 2016 14:00

I have also tried several version of Active Client software with the same result. On the effected machines i am unable to get the ActiveIdenity Shared Store Service to start. I received error 1503 SERVICE TIME OUT when trying to start the serivice.

No Events found!