Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

14 Posts

October 27th, 2008 19:00

E6400 Sysprep Blue screen

I’m getting a Blue screen after I sysprep a e6400 system. It gets part way through the setup process and just before the oobe asks to create a user name and password the system blue screens with a 08e stop error in CI.dll.  If i let the computer sit there after about 3 or 4 reboots it will finally get to the setup screen to create a user name and password and then finish the set up and boot fine into the OS. There are no DMP files created.

This system does not have a webcam and has the Intel graphics chip.

387 Posts

October 28th, 2008 20:00

Hi peteostro. :smileyhappy: Have you checked for unsigned drivers with Vista Verifier? I actually had VV mess up my sound one time when I ran it so create a restore point before you try it. You probably already know what CI.dll is but here is a windowsbbs.com thread that I found with some good info. Let us know if it helps or if you've already solved it.

14 Posts

October 28th, 2008 22:00

I used verifier and it tells me that It did not find any unsigned drivers.

387 Posts

October 30th, 2008 02:00

pete, have you already tried replacing the ci.dll with one of its' backup files? On my system a strange thing that I noticed is that there appears to be a newer version of the ci.dll in the backups than the one that is currently in Windows\System32. I also saw quite a few references to a Santa Cruz audio driver causing issues that sounded like what you are experiencing and I believe that they were on Dell systems. I think the solution was to update that driver.
No Events found!