Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

August 24th, 2008 04:00

E6400 delivery date?

Has anyone ordered an E6400 yet? If so, have they been given a delivery date? I'm trying to decided between the E6400 and a Macbook. I have finally narrowed it down to one or the other. Any thoughts out there? Help please.

302 Posts

August 24th, 2008 21:00

it takes usally 2-4 weeks for and order to go through dell. it  really depends on what you want. Mac's are known for their better quality. but i think computers are only expected to be useful for 3-5 years, so haveing a computer last for 10 years doesnt count as a feature in my books.

then it comes down to windows vs. mac o/s... both have their pros and cons. but vista has come a long way from when it first came out.

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

September 1st, 2008 15:00

MacBooks doesn't have a better quality. I am using a MacBook for 9 months now, and the case is broken. Also, the MacBook is extremly effected by heat. Last, the apple-support is not very good, it's going to take one or two weeks if a hardware is damaged. The macbook of a friend is one year old now, and from these 12 months, it was out-of-order for 2 months, the notebook-case was replaced twice, the mainboard also, the comby-drive is actually broken.

It should be said, that apple didn't changed the general construction of the serie since two years. Also, Dell offers more and better hardware for a lesser price.

I ordered a e6400 at 08/22, and got 09/24 as date for delivery.

1 Message

September 9th, 2008 23:00

I have mine for a little over a week now. You're going to love it when you get yours. It just takes a little bit of time.

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

September 11th, 2008 20:00

I looked for changes to the delivery-day ervery 4 hours. I'm running against time, becaus my actual Notebook is desintegrating with a alarming rate, and I need it for work.

Well, everything fine (Dell says: 24th of september), until today, 2:00 PM. 

Dell told me, that my order was canceled. I didn't command a canceling at anytime. A bit later, a new Order-Confirment arrived, same price, but with three major differences:

1) Instead of a Combi-Drive, a DVD-RW+ Drive is now listet

2) While the Bloototh-Set in the first order had the number 555-11495 it is now listed as 555-11477

3) The Order-Number is changed

This would annoy me so much... If the delivery-date wouldn't have changed from 24th September to 14th of October!!!! :smileymad:

Is there anyone else, who's delivery-date was changed in this manner?

No Events found!