Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 24th, 2014 14:00

E7440 WWAN Antennas

So I just recently purchased the WWAN LTE card for my E7440 but when I popped the system open I don't see the antenna leads that are usually pre-run. I see the leads for the WLAN card and they're connected. I also notice that the WWAN card has an Aux connector. Does anyone know if these are run in a loop so they use the same antenna, is there a different antenna that's missing or what? (I hope it's not something as complicated as a new display). Also the owners guide doesn't really say much about the WWAN card but the PCB has it labled.

Thanks!

Jeffe

7 Posts

November 24th, 2014 15:00

Looks like I found my answer: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19587069 . The WWAN cables are only included if you have the WiDi option. I have the Hi-res monitor, just not WiDi. It'd require a swapping of the backplate to fix, which is more than I want to do in this case.

Boo, Dell's used to be better with how they were pre-wired. Sadly this looks like a cost cutting move.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The WWAN antenna is separate from the WLAN antenna - they loop around the display frame.

It's unlikely the antenna is available as a separate part - and it doesn't appear there is a WWAN option for this model, so they may not be available at all.  

7 Posts

I'm worried it's a display swap. I found this document www.dell.com/.../EN and the picture shows two sets of cables coming from the display housing :emotion-6:

No Events found!