Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2012 03:00

Electric shocks due to AC adapter

I am having this problem for the past 1 week. Whenever I touch my laptop I get a small electric shock when my lptop is on charger. my laptop model is XPS L502x. I have tried changing the socket in my building but I am still facing this problem. I have checked and earthing is not a problem. Should I replace my charger or would it go away on it's own?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

March 22nd, 2012 05:00

Hi ratika89g,

Welcome to the Community,

I would suggest you to try an outlet in a different location.If its still the same,before replacing the charger try a different adaptor if you can find one.

If you find it was the charger which was causing this,than certainly you can replace it.

Thank You

Roshan

17 Posts

March 22nd, 2012 06:00

Does the power adapter have a three-prong (i.e.: grounded) AC line cord?  What is our input line voltage?  Is there any method by which you can measure the AC voltage?  If the voltage on the computer case is one-half of the line voltage, I'll explain further.

11 Posts

March 25th, 2012 08:00

I tried. It is giving the same shock at ever location i tried. Where do i take my charger for replacement? It's still under warranty.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

March 27th, 2012 02:00

Hi ratika89g,

Did you try it with a different charger?

Regarding getting the charger replaced, you can private message me your system service tag number and i will get back to you with more information about the replacement process.To send private message accept my friend request,click on my user name,click on start conversation.

Thank You

Roshan.

No Events found!