Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2010 09:00

Email support help? Please read.

I have been experiencing problems with my laptop for sometime and after searching the faqs and forums throughly I've decided that emailing dell is my best bet, but whenever it finds my service tag or input it manually, it tells me it is invalid?

I will call dell but can anyone tell me why this is? I can't get email support without it.

4 Posts

October 25th, 2010 10:00

I got the system back in May so it's still under its year warranty but like I said that's not the reason I can't use email or chat.

When I try chat it tells me chat isn't available for my product, when I try email it says my tag is invalid.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 25th, 2010 10:00

You need to be under warranty to use email or chat. Has your warranty run out? If you are out of warranty, you can call Dell and pay for support. Better to post your problem with all the relevant facts--model computer, operating system, error messages, etc,--and let another user try to help.

On the other hand, if you did not purchase the computer directly from Dell, you should have registered  it with them to get warranty support. You must be the original owner and live in the US.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 28th, 2010 09:00

Hi Kadaj316,

Sorry you are having difficulties with your Service Tag being recognized by the system.  You can get warranty service by calling Tech Support and giving them your Express Service Code, Order Number, or Customer Number, and the agents will be glad to assist you.

If that's not working for you, then please contact me directly by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page click the envelope icon that says "send message" and I'll see what I can do to assist you further.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!