Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

May 31st, 2016 04:00

Enabling Intel VT-x on Inspiron 3542

Hello everyone!

Recentl I decided to experience with a new PLC program software from a company called Beckhoff.

The program is called TwinCAD and I am using the free version of it which runs through Visual studio 2013.

When I try to run a project solution I get an error saying that Intel VT-x is not enabled in my BIOS. 

I downloaded the latest version of compatible BIOS in my computer.I searched in BIOS for this feature but all I found is a "virtualization" choice and that was already enabled. I  downloaded the Dell CCTK configuration wizard and enabled the VT-d option in there as well.

In the specifications of my laptop it says that VT-x is provided but I cannot make my program to work.

Can any of you please tell me what else to do?

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 31st, 2016 16:00

If you have Virtualization turned on in the BIOS there shouldn't be anything else that you need to do. If possible test with other visualization software and see if the problem continues.  I tried looking up the system requirements for TwinCad (is it TwinCad or TwinCat?), but if you haven't done so I would check with Beckhoff and see if they can make any suggestions.  Please let me know if you continue to have problems,  and can't get any Virtualization. or virtual machine software to run correctly. 

TB

June 1st, 2016 07:00

It is TwinCat ,sorry for the typo. I am using a free edition of it , it runs through  Microsoft Visual Studio 2013. I just made an oracle VM virtual Box system and it seems to work fine, I guess I will check with Beckhoff, thank you for the answer

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 1st, 2016 13:00

I am not terribly familiar with Beckhoff so i wasn't sure that they didn't have an application named TwinCad.  If you have the time and don't mind let me know what you found out from Beckhoff.

TB

No Events found!