Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2009 10:00

Enabling the external eSATA port on a Precision M6400

I recently received a Preceision M6400 and I'm running two internal drives (non-RAID).  I have a backup drive adapter that connects via USB or eSATA cable, but my M6400 doesn't recognize it when I plug it in and turn it on.  Does anyone know if there is a seperate driver or configuration I need to tweak to make the external eSATA port work on this machine?

1 Message

April 14th, 2009 13:00

I have the same problem!

1 Message

April 29th, 2009 08:00

i would like to order a Dell Precision M6400 Covet laptop ASAP with two-250GB hard drives in a non-RAID configuration.   I intend to use CMS Products BounceBack Ultimate software to back up the primary hard drive to the internal secondary drive.  In addition, I intend to use CMS Products BounceBack Ultimate software with a 250GB ABS External Laptop Backup, 2.5 inch, 5400 RPM, USB connection to create an external backup.  Have you used the CMS Products BounceBack Ultimate software on your M6400 Covet?  If so, have you had any issues?  Additionally, in the future, when CMS Products develop an eSATA 250GB ABS External Laptop Backup, i intend to purchase the unit for the M6400.

1 Message

November 22nd, 2011 22:00

i would like to order a Dell Precision M6400 Covet laptop ASAP with two-250GB hard drives in a non-RAID configuration.   I intend to use CMS Products BounceBack Ultimate software to back up the primary hard drive to the internal secondary drive.  In addition, I intend to use CMS Products BounceBack Ultimate software with a 250GB ABS External Laptop Backup, 2.5 inch, 5400 RPM, USB connection to create an external backup.  Have you used the CMS Products BounceBack Ultimate software on your M6400 Covet?  If so, have you had any issues?  Additionally, in the future, when CMS Products develop an eSATA 250GB ABS External Laptop Backup, i intend to purchase the unit for the M6400.

that does nothing to solve the problem of why the esata port does'nt work.i don't want to use USB it's to slow and i have 4 external esata enclosures.i already have a 320gig secindary drive in the laptop but wanted to use the esata

No Events found!