Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2014 23:00

Error: 0xc000000f

Plz Help me....

I have Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop with windows 8.

I started the recovery procedure, after some time it is showing this error...

Your PC needs to be repaired. The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi

Error Code:0xc000000f

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media, contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

In last three options are coming:

Press Enter to try again (Nothing is happening)

Press F8 for startup settings (Nothing is happening )

Press for UEFI Firmware Settings (Only this option is working )

Please reply me with a genuine solution soon.

30 Posts

April 17th, 2014 08:00

Performing Operating System repair should resolve the problem. Follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
1.    Insert the Windows installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.
ISO copies of windows 8 will not boot from burned discs. You will have to make a bootable flash drive with at least 16 GB of storage space
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2793441
2.    Press a key when the message appears "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD".
3.    Select a language, a time zone, currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.
4.    Click Repair your computer.
5.    In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next.
6.    At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.
7.    Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
8.    In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Can the computer be started now?

If the issue persists, you can try to restore the system to a state when your computer worked properly in WinRE.
Note: System restore would work only if it was enabled and a restore point was created

To perform a system restore follow the below mentioned steps:
1.    In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click   Next.
2.    At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.
3.    Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the appropriate restore point.
4.    Click Finish to restore the system.

GuruAid

April 25th, 2014 09:00

GuruAid, I did not receive a Windows Installation disk with my package from Dell after I purchased the laptop. I only received a Drivers and Utilities disk. What are my options in getting/obtaining this disk? Also, an IT guy I know recommended I replace the hard drive. Is that necessary? Thanks for your help, -B

30 Posts

April 28th, 2014 08:00

You can contact Dell support and request for a disk to perform Operating System repair. If your system is under warranty you would get the disk free of cost. If you are not eligible, then you would be charged.

Follow the below mentioned link to order Recovery Media:
https://www.dell.com/support/diagnostics/us/en/19/nondiagnostichome?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&dgc=SM&cid=260354&lid=4803075&DoNotRedirect=y&redirect=1

Contact Dell support:
http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/category/Contact-Information?~ck=mn

GuruAid

No Events found!