Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 12th, 2013 19:00

Error Code 2000-01 42

Good Day All

My Dell Inspirion N7110 which I purchased about 2yrs ago around ThanksGiving from Dell is giving some problems and just recently started freezing up with Blue screen and all

I did test thru the laptop's ePSA Pre-Boot System Assessment and I got only the following error:-

Error Code 200-01 42

Validation 10522

Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N 5WS2Q5WB, self test unsuccessful. Status = 7

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Many Thanks

David

4 Posts

October 17th, 2013 19:00

Hi Saharsh,

The diagnostic went just fine. I am not sure what cause that blue screen however, i checked in the event-viewer and i found Event 1001, Bugcheck

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e(0xfffffffc0000005,0xfffff8800449f443,0xfffff88003392c28,0xfffff88003392480).

A dump was saved in : C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP.Report Id:101713-44647-01.

4 Posts

October 17th, 2013 20:00

Hi, 

The STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x804E518E, 0xFC938104, 0xFC937E04) 
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED means that a particular driver is causing the issue , it is recommended that you need to reinstall the OS , that way we can fix this issue as Blue screens are very unpredictable, If you have a cd , you may call the tech support on 8772931197 and get the windows reinstallation done , if not then you may consider getting the cds first and then go for the windows reinstallation. 

Please refer to these links :- 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

www.support.dell.com

1.5K Posts

October 18th, 2013 01:00

Hi arj007,

Please share if you have encountered the Blue Screen error again or not. If not you may continue using the system as normal as at times during installation of Windows Blue Screen might occur. If the issue still persist, please share the Mini Dump folder with me, so that I can analyse it. Also, try using the system in Safe Mode with Networking to check if you encounter the Blue Screen error there or not.

Please reply if you have any questions.

7 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 05:00

Hi Saharsh,

I don't know if you're still active on these boards, so I thought I'd give it a try. I encountered a similar problem with my M14x. I found this thread while researching the problem on another, here on the Dell forums. I apologize for the duplication, it's just that I use my laptop for work and need to get it up and running ASAP. Here is the post I entered elsewhere. I sincerely appreciate any insight/guidance/direction.

I followed your suggestion, and those of other posters on this thread (to the best of my ability). I was only unable to seat the HDD in another laptop, because I don't have access to one. The first time I ran the ePSA diagnostic, I received the following error information (summary):

"Event Data: Fail PSA V4206 Error 2000:0150. Hard Drive - No Hard Drive Detected"

Like I stated, I followed suggestions given and a straight cold boot to BIOS, BIOS still does not see a HDD. In any case, I still receive an error, after exiting BIOS, that presents as follows.

"Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.2.6(09/28/10)

Check cable connection!

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"

I re-ran the ePSA pre-boot system assessment anyway. All systems passed, except the HDD. The following information came up this time, which didn't present the first time I ran the ePSA.

"Error Code 2000-01 42
Validation 8559

Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N 6WS0YLMX, self test unsuccessful. Status = 79

The given error code and message can be used by Dell Technical Support to help diagnose the problem.

Do you want to continue testing?"

So, from that error code, are you able to tell me whether the HDD is borked? Any insight and/or guidance is greatly appreciated. I believe the Dell warranty expired. However, at the time of purchase, I opted-in for the 3 year SquareTrade warranty. Now, to find that paperwork...LOL...

Thanks again and have a fantabulous day ^_^

Cordially,

Scott

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2013 06:00

As long as it can power the drive (there is a separate power connector on a SATA drive) it should work.  The SATA data connection alone won't power the drive - you must have a cable that has some sort of power connector on it.

7 Posts

Hi ejn,

Thanks again for your insight. I believe I purchased a data transfer cable when I was doing some other project. It's not actually a 2.5' (enclosure) case. It is a simple cable which attaches as you described with the case. Windows 7 recognizes the HDD, as I understand, because laptop HDDs don't require the voltage carriage the same way internal desktop HDDs do. Does this sound feasible? I imagine it performs the same function (?), and I'm sure it is USB 2.0 (ugh). Any further insight is greatly appreciated.

Cordially,

Scott

7 Posts

Hi ejn,

Thanks for your swift reply. That information is about what I figured. Does that also mean that the info on the HDD is irretrievable by simple/practical methods? I don't mind some mid-tech DIY intervention. However, I'm not willing to pay exorbitant fees to retrieve the data. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Cordially, 

Scott

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

To try, mount the drive in an external USB 2.0 or 3.0 case (about $10-15) and attach it to a working system by USB - you may be able to recover at least some data from the drive.  You won't know until you try though.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The hard drive is toast - it needs to be replaced.

7 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 09:00

Hi ejn,

Thanks again for the helpful response. I'll take a look at that connector cable. I just remember it was sold to migrate HDD contents & I thought that I'd used it just plugged in directly, as is. But I'll take your words of experience over my remote memory ^_^. If I stay organized, I'll pop back in & let you know how it goes. First, I have to push around some stuff in the budget to make space for buying a replacement 750GB or 1TB HDD. That said, do you favor Seagate or WD? My recollection is that I'm looking for buffer memory + spindle speed. Is that correct? Thanks again for your insight & guidance.

Cordially,

Scott

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2013 10:00

I've seen too many problems with Seagate and firmware and quality control of late - go with the WD Scorpio Black line.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2013 13:00

Doesn't matter - no hard drive can sustain anywhere near what SATA 3.0 ("2") can -- let alone 6.0 ("3").  There's no difference between a SATA 3 and 6G har drive - the platters can't deliver data that fast (there IS for an SSD - just not for a mechanical drive).

7 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 13:00

Hi again ejn,

I did find a few candidates from the WD Scorpio Black line. I'm pretty sure the HDD is SATA, as you said. Would I be able to install a SATA II or SATA III HDD as a replacement, or would I need to stick with just SATA? Continued thanks...

Cordially,

Scott

No Events found!